Saturday, December 29, 2007

Its a Start...

Well, first, a big thank you to the two readers who have started the process of our paying off the big credit companies and turning it into a commitment for good. I will not list the whole email addresses, but thanks to jbuard and honeydoo for their kind donations. We have started a log of those donations, and are already committed to giving that money forward to a worthy cause once we get the debt taken care of. I am certain that we will feel so much more free to do so once we are not paying for interest.

Speaking of interest, I calculated that currently, we are paying $742 a month in INTEREST only. Then on top of that there is a small portion ($278) that goes to principle. Um, I am pretty good at math, but I wouldnt need to be an expert to conclude that if I am paying three times as much interest as principal, then I will be in debt, well, forever. But just imagine how much that interest money could do if given to a church or a food bank or the red cross. I could go on and on. That is what I would like to do someday.

Yes, it is our fault for getting into this situation, but I will say we are desperate to keep working to get out of it. Once we are, we will never be again.